We have an exciting opportunity for two Apprentice Coopers to join the team at the Glenrothes Cooperage in Speyside. These roles will allow the business to prepare for future succession planning. The successful candidates will follow in the footsteps of some of the most highly respected Coopers in the whisky industry.
Through the 4-year on-site apprenticeship, you will gain the full range of skills required to be a Production Cooper.
Reporting to the Cooperage Team Leader, key responsibilities of this role include:
- Competent in the safe manual handling of all types of cask
- You will train in the safe use of traditional Cooper’s tools
- Full comprehension of the use of woodworking machinery
- Competent in the production of cask ends and the inspection, selection and testing of casks to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Brushing staves and visually inspecting for defects
- Carrying our all duties to required quality standards
- Carrying out all duties to satisfy health and safety and housekeeping standards
The successful candidate will be a focussed individual with a passion for the whisky industry. You will be comfortable adopting to new technologies, and using them as required. You will be physically fit to ensure you can deal with the day-to-day working processes of a Cooper.
If you would like to start your career within the whisky industry, in a highly sought after role,
please send your C.V. and covering letter
Closing Date for applications – Thursday 25th July 2018