The Ultimate Macallan Bar, at the newly developed Macallan distillery, requires an energetic, professional bar manager to work as part of the visitor experience management team. This individual must have a hunger to learn and develop their drinks and mixology knowledge as well as being accountable for running a best-in-class 5 star bar.
Our focus is to offer world class service, creating the ultimate customer experience; an experience to be enjoyed by anyone that comes into The Macallan bar.
• To lead and motivate a team of professional bar tenders, to provide outstanding consumer service.
• To ensure that the team deliver drink quality and serve that is constantly exceptional and in line with brand etiquette.
• Prepare and manage the annual and monthly budget for the Macallan bar with the General Manager for the Macallan Visitor Experience.
• Work with local suppliers and producers to ensure that sustainable materials and ingredients are used.
• Continuously develop the bar tender team and ensures that the menu offering is original and innovative, in accordance with the Macallan brand.
• Ensure that the bar consistently exceeds statutory hygiene levels.
• Stock control & rotation will follow best practice and company guidelines
• Previous bar management experience, especially in a cocktail environment
• Basic monthly budget/book keeping experience
• Outstanding customer service
• Innovation in drinks preparation and mixology
• Strong numerical and literacy skills
• Presentation – ability to speak publicly in small group environments
This individual will be confident and take pride in their appearance. They will display excellent attention to detail in quality of customer service, and be friendly and approachable to all customers and colleagues alike. A strong sense of ownership and pride is essential – it’s your bar!