Edrington is headquartered in Scotland and employs over 3,500 people in its wholly owned and joint venture companies, with over 70% employed overseas. We own our route to market in 15 countries and distribute our brands to more than 100 countries around the world through joint ventures and third-party agreements.
Edrington’s vision is that we will give more by building the world’s leading portfolio of exceptional super premium spirits.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for the role of Business Analyst, a multi-year global programme of work to develop market leading CRM capabilities and experiences for The Macallan and support the broader Edrington CRM development.
The Business Analyst role will be fundamental to the success of the programme and will be hands-on supporting the CRM Programme Manager in the successful development and implementation of the overall CRM ecosystem, customer journeys and experiences, and growing the CRM business capability.
Reporting to the Lead Business Analyst, some of the key responsibilities include:
- Engage with stakeholders to effectively elicit, document, and manage business requirements through whole project lifecycle
- Constructively assess, and where appropriate, challenge proposed strategies based on experience and Edrington fit
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements by working closely with CRM subject matter expert
- Collaborate with business functions to define and document customer journeys, processes, and business rules
- Help to create User Acceptance Test (UAT) Scripts and support the testing process
- Support training and communication of system enhancements
- Collaborate with the data scientist to utilise data analysis methods to help create and validate models
To take on the challenge of this role we are looking for candidates with Business Analysis experience, commensurate to this level of role, ideally within a global company. You will have strong business analysis skills and ability to choose appropriate tools and techniques. You will understand both Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies, and business data analytics concepts and data analytics lifecycle.
You will have a good level of experience of working on large scale CRM projects and implementations. You will also have strong analytical skills with high attention to detail, ability to take ownership of medium sized or incompletely defined tasks.
To apply please forward your CV and cover letter
Closing Date for applications – Wednesday 2nd December 2020