Due to an internal team move, we are recruiting for a Customs and Excise Coordinator within the Planning & Global Supply team. The role will report to the UK Customs and Excise Manager and will be based at our Global Supply Chain site in Glasgow. There will be a requirement for some travel to other UK sites, therefore a valid UK driving license would be advantageous.
In this role you will be the main point of contact for Customs and Excise matters, taking responsibility for all day-to-day routine queries. You will ensure that all monthly reports are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
Key responsibilities include:
- Analyse and prepare monthly W1 return for GWR and provide support in this area for distillation sites.
- Monitor all EMCS and export movements to ensure compliance with Customs and Excise regulations
- Provide support for C&E audits across all sites, identifying gaps and risks and make recommendations if required.
- Responsible for all C&E team administration tasks
- Control all imports/exports providing clearance instructions and ensuring correct classification of goods
- Be first point of contact for Customs and Excise department for routine enquiries
To succeed in this role you should be numerate with the ability to analyse large amounts of data. Essential qualities include; excellent communication skills, the ability to build solid relationships with key stakeholders, as well as the ability to work well under pressure. The ideal candidate will be resilient and be comfortable using their initiative in order to make both important and routine decisions.
To apply for this role please send your CV and cover letter
Closing date for applications – Wednesday 12th August 2020
The successful candidate will undergo pre-employment checks including Disclosure Scotland