An opportunity has arisen on a permanent basis for a Financial Accountant, reporting directly to the Head of Finance & Supply Chain, Europe, Middle East and Africa Travel Retail (EMEA TR).
Based at Great Western Road in Glasgow, this role will provide a comprehensive and professional finance service to the EMEA TR business and Group Finance. The role is responsible for the management of cash flow, accounts payable, accounts receivable, VAT and generation of management and statutory reporting.
This role will be key in ensuring that all EMEA TR financial processes and protocols are adhered to, including fulfilment of statutory obligations.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Maintain accurate accounting records to support management and statutory reporting for the EMEA TR team.
- Ensure there are appropriate administrative record keeping procedures in place to allow for ease of access to information and for audit purposes
- Ensure that there are robust controls and procedures in place to manage key business processes, including cash flow, accounts payable, credit control, taxation, VAT and Intrastat
- Maintaining a range of exception reports in order to monitor the compliance of the procedures in place, and highlight and any potential risk areas in the EMEA TR business performance and budget
- Responsible for the management of each month end close, ensuring the process is controlled, accurate and delivered on time
- assist in managing the preparation and submission of the monthly reporting & balance sheet control files, including submissions to Group Finance.
- Monitor and enhance accounting processes, applying best practice to measure success against KPI’s and performance metrics
- Lead both the internal & external audit processes, engaging with audit teams and provide required information
- Lead and develop the team
To be considered for this role you will be educated to degree level or equivalent with a professional finance qualification (or close to completion). A proven track record of delivering results, strong attention to detail and effective analytical and organisational skills are required. You will be expected to challenge historical ways of working and be tenacious in your pursuit of excellence. Previous people management experience would be a distinct advantage, but not essential.
To apply please forward your C.V. and covering letter
Closing Date for applications – 20th January 2020