As the result of a developmental move within the business we have an excellent opportunity for a Group Financial Risk and Assurance Officer to join the team.
This role will be a key member of the Group Financial Risk & Assurance team within Group Finance. Reporting directly to the Head of Group Risk Finance, the role is based at GQS but covers the full company.
The primary responsibility of the role is to support the Head of Group Risk Finance facilitate the pro-active risk-enabled management of all risks with a material financial impact across Edrington. The role also provides support in developing and overseeing company-wide assurance and compliance procedures, leveraging data analytics and other best practice developments to maximise the breath, reach and efficiency of the team’s assurance offering.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Execute high-quality, efficient and risk-prioritised reviews – stakeholder engagement and management; risk profile setting; data analytics; assessment of control and compliance environments for best practice and consistent effective application.
- Identify, oversee and verify completion of appropriate corrective actions, securing management buy-in and commitment.
- Produce first class reporting to a broad range of stakeholders on activities undertaken.
- Support or lead on the maintenance and on-going development of the Continuous Assurance data analytics programme and Common Control Standards best practice database, as well as the Common Control Enhancement initiative.
- Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships across all cultures, geographies and levels of the company.
- Help foster a high-level of risk awareness across the business, particularly amongst finance colleagues.
To take on the challenge of this role we are looking for candidates who have a professional accounting qualification, and ideally previous responsibility for, or involvement in, an assurance, control or compliance regime. First-hand experience of data analytics and/or risk-based audit would also be advantageous.
The successful applicant will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the aptitude to work in a collaborative manner while remaining independent and objective. The ability to successfully build stakeholder relationships, and effectively and sensitively engage, challenge and influence across all cultures and levels in the company will also be important.
You will be flexible in approach with sometimes short notice travel domestically and internationally.
This role represents an excellent opportunity to build a good understanding and network across all Edrington operations, and to develop future career opportunities in different areas of the business.
Closing Date for applications – 12th September 2019.