As the scope of responsibilities within the Group Finance team increases, a new opportunity has been created for a Group Reporting Manager. This role will be based at 100 Queen Street and will report directly into the newly created Group Reporting Controller position. This role is a key position management position within the Group Reporting team with line management responsibility for three direct reports (2 Group accountants and 1 systems accountant) and 3 indirect reports.
The Group Reporting Manager is responsible for the preparation of the Edrington and 1887 Group consolidations, the monthly management KPI packs and the annual financial statements. This role will act as a key point of contact for both our business units and in market finance teams to help understand any variances to budget/forecast and will also be a key point of contact for the external auditors.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- The review of VAT returns before submission and involvement in finance project work as required
- Responsible for the preparation of annual statutory accounts for all UK based Edrington Group companies.
- Preparation of group consolidation workings and posting of consolidation journal entries to SAP
- Key point of contact for the regional/functional teams
- Strong working relationships with the various finance teams in international markets and group operations, providing support as required.
- Act as a coach, and continue the development of the junior members of the team as well as undertaking the full range of people management responsibilities for team members.
- Delivery of high quality statutory accounts in line with tight Group reporting and bank covenant deadlines.
- Work with two sets of group auditors to achieve a signed audit opinion and be able to show ability to challenge and push back as required.
- Review VAT returns prepared by the team prior to submission, understanding any large monthly movements and giving sign off for submission whilst always ensuring compliance with HMRC guidance.
- Helping to drive the continuous change agenda with a focus on ensuring accurate and timely information to the business.
- Play a key role in wider finance team projects, taking lead as appropriate
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or CA) ideally within relevant industry experience. You will have the confidence and gravitas to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders cross functionally at all levels.
The successful applicant will be highly organised to manage multiple activities at once. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement mind-set are considered essential qualities.
To apply for this role, please submit your CV and Covering Letter.
Closing Date for applications – 19th February 2019.