An excellent opportunity to join the Group Finance team has arisen to cover a period of maternity leave in the role of Group Tax Accountant. This role will be based at 100 Queen Street, Glasgow and will report directly into the Head of Group Tax.
This role will support the Head of Group Tax in providing a comprehensive and professional tax service to the business and shareholders, focusing on reporting and compliance.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Preparation of year-end tax accounting for consolidated accounts and statutory accounts;
- Completion of tax provisions, computations and statutory returns and dealing with correspondence with HMRC regarding UK corporation tax;
- Reporting on international tax compliance, liaising with overseas FDs to obtain all relevant information and providing ad-hoc assistance on overseas tax matters;
- Dealing with ad hoc UK tax issues, liaising with other areas of the business as required;
- Preparation of reports for management attention as requested (e.g. Metrics, BPR report);
- Provision of research, analysis and advice on a range of tax specialities including employment taxes, sales taxes and VAT;
- Preparation of forecast UK tax for budget model and review of overseas plan tax submissions;
- Assistance with UK and international tax projects as required;
- Keeping up to date with changes in tax legislation, ensuring that Edrington is compliant in all respects, preparing and managing change;
- Encouraging best practice amongst overseas teams;
- Ensuring group tax strategy and tax risk management procedures are up to date and fit for purpose.
To be considered for this role you will be educated to degree level and CA or CTA qualified. You will have proven corporate tax experience, post-qualifying experience commensurate with this level of role. Accounting experience, preferably under IFRS would be desirable.
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of taking the lead and delivering results on time. Project management skills with the ability to influence others are considered essential qualities. You must have a track record of improving processes.
Closing date for applications – Monday 22nd April 2019