IT Business Partner
(Data Science & Business Information Specialist)
Hay Grade: 15
Location: GWR or GQS Glasgow (TBC)
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for an IT Business Partner specialising in the area of data science and Business Information (BI). This role will report directly to the vacant and currently advertised role of IT Business Partner – Data Science and BI Team Leader.
This position will be an integral part of the new team dedicated to data science and BI supporting the development of this agenda. It will involve a mixture of analysis, project leading and technical skills, as well as the ability to communicate effectively and confidently – often working closely with senior stakeholders, utilising agile and responsive approaches to solution delivery.
More generally, this role represents an excellent opportunity be part of a new and exciting team within IT.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Design and propose effective and engaging modes of delivery (e.g. dashboards)
- Deliver responsively and in an agile and adaptable manner
- Become a trusted Subject Matter Expert to the business and senior stakeholder directly
- Ensure data integrity and insightful BI that facilitates key business decision making
- Data Analysis, Dimensional Modelling and Data Model design
- Prototyping and building of solutions and proposals to ensure agile adaptive delivery
- Support, maintenance and extension of existing databases
- ETL activity and processes, governance and rationalisation of existing databases
To be considered for this role you will be degree qualified with relevant experience of data science and BI. A professional qualification in IT (MBCS, C.Eng, CITP) would be beneficial bit not essential. You will have experience and demonstrable skills in areas including mathematical modelling Altryx, PowerBI, and advanced excel.
To succeed you will have the ability to work cross functionally with experience of influencing others (of varying seniority) that don’t report directly. You will be comfortable analysing complex business problems, formulating solutions and to implement and ultimately deliver them effectively.
Closing Date for applications – Friday 4th January 2018.