An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Team Leader within the Liquid Quality team. Reporting to the Laboratory and Scientific Research Manager, this role will provide technical support to whisky preparation, filtration and bottling through routine laboratory analysis as required by laboratory schedules.
Key responsibilities for this role will include:
- Ensuring continued UKAS accreditation of specific methods and act as UKAS technical manager
- Supervision of laboratory assistants x3
- Liaising with other departments including Whisky Supply and Cask Supply
- Complete all tasks assigned from regular laboratory meetings as per timelines set out by Laboratory and Scientific Research Manager
- Initiate and manage improvements for lab methods and procedures including short-term research projects, supporting process improvements at both primary and final production sites
- Manage the service and maintenance of all instrumentation used in the GWR Lab
To be successful in this role, you will have a Scientific Qualification, strong Laboratory technical skills- HPLC/GC/GC-MS, and an analytical method development. You will have previous CI experience. You will be able to work within a small team and ideally have experience of drinks industry / company products. You will be competent in systems software.
All applicants must have entitlement to work within the UK.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your C.V. and covering letter
Closing Date for applications – Sunday 21st July 2019