We are currently recruiting for an experienced trainer to join our training team at our manufacturing site in Glasgow (G15 6RW) in the role of Mobile Work Equipment Training Coordinator. You would be responsible for delivering training for all Mobile Work Equipment and to manage, create and record all documentation in relation to Mobile Work Equipment training for a number of internal departments at our manufacturing site, as well at other Group locations.
The successful candidate will have responsibility for ensuring that all Mobile Work Equipment and other training is carried out to expected standards and that refresher training is scheduled and delivered as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage and interact with the wider manufacturing team in the development and execution of training plans.
- Ownership of training, lead training meetings, responsibility for all training documentation.
- Ensure roles and responsibilities are clear, people are engaged and regularly review progress against plan. Any issues or risks should be addressed to help ensure training stays on track.
- Create/update Capability Metrics to identify skill gaps per area of responsibility.
- Ensure that training is focussed on improved understanding of our customer requirements and specifications.
- Ensure that training is delivered to raise standards of quality, Health and Safety as well as operational skills.
- Deliver Bottling induction, Health and Safety and manual handling training.
- Responsible for the development and delivery of in-house training packages.
- Monitor and record all training carried out
- To create/update and deliver training packages/checklists.
- To provide Mobile Work Equipment training across UK sites as required
- Support the development of the Competence Management System ensuring competence is met and measured within areas of responsibility.
- Create Competence Assessment packs to ensure both skills and knowledge are tested and scored to a satisfactory level of competence.
- Support the SVQ programme for the operating group, setting up resources, giving advice and monitoring progress of candidates.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels. You will have previous experience in a training role and be proficient using the Microsoft Office suite of packages.
An RTITB Lift Truck Operator Instructor’s qualification is desirable, but not essential as training can be provided. However, to be considered for RTITB Lift Truck Operator Instructor’s course, candidates should be forklift drivers with a minimum of 6 months operating experience and be in possession of formal training or a counterbalance certificate (RTITB), issued within the previous 12 months and registered on the RTITB NORS database.
To be considered for this role, please submit your CV and cover letter
Closing date for applications – Tuesday 21st January 2020