Due to an upcoming maternity leave within the team, an exciting opportunity has arisen for a New Product Development Manager to join the Business Development & Support team based at our Glasgow city centre HQ for a 12 month contract.
The key elements of our growth strategy, are 1. Recruit More Consumers and 2. Work Smarter. New products offer something beyond the current portfolio and play a key role in recruiting new consumers. The number of new products developed per year has increased substantially and is a trend that’s set to continue.
Successfully launching new products is strategically important and typically one of the most cross-functional and complex activities for any business. The New Product Development Manager plays an important role by overseeing Edrington's new product development processes, systems and governance, enabling a consistent and effective approach for managing new products from idea to launch.
Reporting to the Commercial Planning & Operations Controller, key responsibilities for this role include
- Centrally positioned to work across all brand teams, functions and markets.
- Manage the new product pipeline (approx. 150 projects), collaborating with stakeholders to reflect latest milestones and proactively influence progress in line with recommended time frames.
- Manage approval, planning, reporting and evaluation processes to provide visibility, aid decision making and positively influence performance.
- Positively challenge the status quo and explore opportunities to continually improve our new product launch processes and systems.
- Project manage specific new product and business change projects, with responsibility for end-end planning, managing progress and risk in order to meet project objectives.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure ways of working are clearly understood and adopted.
The successful candidate will have a strong leadership and influencing skills as well as excellent organisational and communication skills. They will have a natural aptitude for continual improvement and a good knowledge of Microsoft office and project management tools.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please forward your C.V. and covering letter
Closing Date for applications – 16th September 2019