Following an internal move, an opportunity has now arisen to join the Group Operations Finance team on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Whisky Operations Finance Manager and responsible for a team of two, the Analyst will play a lead role in co-ordinating, challenging and consolidating Capital Expenditure across the Group. In addition to supporting the UK Engineering team and collaborating on Capital Expenditure work across the Group, the role will also work closely with the Cask Supply and Spanish Operations Management team.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Deliver timely and accurate reporting, planning, budgeting & forecasting for the UK Engineering, Cooperage, Cask Supply, Spanish Operations and Capital expenditure areas of the business
- Work closely with Engineering, Cask Supply and Spanish Operations management teams to ensure that all decision-making in these areas is appropriately supported and challenged and that financial implications are clearly understood
- Facilitate knowledge sharing amongst the team to ensure that key processes are documented and understood
- Lead financial transactions associated with Macallan Property Development Company, ensuring the asset register for all required entities is accurate and robust
- Lead programme for capital expenditure post implementation reviews and asset verification processes, including some infrequent travel across UK Operational sites
- In conjunction with direct reports, lead the annual cask asset verification process in Jerez, Spain
- Manage the Spanish IVA system/processes for Edrington, working with internal team and Deloitte, Spain
- Involvement in the annual financial budgeting process for all of the aforementioned areas
- Work cross functionally across the Group to track and monitor Capital Expenditure on all key projects
- Ensure and demonstrate understanding of all financial implications of Engineering, Capex and Cask supply activities on the P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow
The successful applicant will be a qualified accountant with strong commercial acumen and a curiosity beyond traditional finance boundaries to understand key business drivers. You will have the ability to understand and interpret complex information and present in a simplified manner. You will have strong analytical skills, excellent Excel skills and an exceptional attention to detail. Good inter-personal skills and the ability to work as part of a team are essential.
If you would like to be considered for this role please forward your C.V. and covering letter to Jo Grant, Head of Resourcing at:
(A full role specification for this opportunity can also be obtained from Jo at this email address.)
17th July 2018