An excellent opportunity has arisen to recruit a Packaging Technologist within the Brands Packaging team at GWR. This role will be for a fixed term 12-months contract.
Reporting to one of the senior packaging technologists, the key focus of the role is to manage a number of major change projects as well as a number of minor projects in support of our brands. The role involves the creation of new products and new packaging from the initial conception of the idea through to successful performance through the supply chain and onto the shelf.
Key Responsibilities and duties include:-
- Supporting and managing the delivery of over 150 change projects
- Contributing to the development of business cases and product change requests by providing lead-time and cost of change data.
- Enrolling suppliers at an appropriate stage of projects, providing accurate briefing instructions.
- Developing all packaging components, working with purchasing and suppliers accordingly.
- Developing packaging that runs in an efficient and cost effective way on our production lines.
- For Premium, Super-premium and Ultra-premium projects you may be required to devise totally radical solutions, to work with unfamiliar materials and with new suppliers and apply innovative thinking to the development of products whilst maintaining the highest possible standards of quality.
- Providing data, error free, for all bills of materials.
- Establishing suitability of material componentry for movement through the whole supply chain.
- Working with production and material performance to optimise material design.
- Providing an action management service on projects, including the utilisation of the NPD management system and the Edrington Technical Database.
- Keep abreast of packaging technology developments and actively contribute to process improvement initiatives.
- Make more of testing requirements to deliver right first time quality
To be considered for this role you will be qualified to a minimum of HND level or have equivalent packaging development or relevant supply chain experience. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to succeed; a good team player, and an excellent communicator.
Sound project management experience is essential with excellent attention to detail. The ability to process a large volume of change projects and the data associated with this is a pre-requisite. You will also be PC literate with experience of SAP. The role may require some occasional travel to HQ, Glasgow and to visit suppliers; therefore you should hold a full UK drivers licence.
Closing Date for Applications: Sunday 17th February 2019