Due to a recent promotion, an exciting opportunity has arisen to recruit a Primary Production Analyst. Reporting to the Global Supply Chain Planning and Reporting Manager, the successful candidate will support improvements to Primary Production processes, deliver high quality data analysis and reporting, and provide planning support for effective business performance. The job holder will also provide analysis and support to the Head Primary Production Strategy and the Head of Cask Supply.
A key focus of the role will be to help our distillation, warehousing, cask supply and stock processes run as smoothly, efficiently and as cost-effectively as possible.
The role will be focused on planning, and supports the consolidation and challenge of business information across a number of primary production areas, reporting this on a monthly basis across the wider team. The role holder will also play a key part in the formation of a suite of KPIs including casks, warehousing and stock.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand annual strategic planning for Distillation, Blending, Warehousing, Cask supply and Freight with a view to creating robust, effective plans to be enacted by key Operational areas of the business.
- To work with the Head of Primary Production Strategy in the identification of assets, their effective use in Group products, and in the engagement with potential 3rd party trading partners across the Scotch Whisky industry.
- Understand the core principles of each operational area contributing to the creation of Annual Plans
- Support operational areas in achievement of annual plans, in particular Cooperage and Warehouse Operations teams
- Liaise with Business Units and Liquid Quality to determine requirements for brand initiatives
- Monitor performance against annual plans and report appropriate Key Performance Indicators
- Assist in the development of enhanced management and reporting toolsets
- Understand the principles and operation of our TM1 Planning toolset, and TESS stock system
- Work closely with key stakeholders in the Business Units, Liquid Quality, Operations and Finance to identify and prepare potential tranches of stock to be used for trading activities.
- Progress the sale of maturing stocks through agreed trading channels, using approved pricing mechanisms.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience analysing data or working as stock coordinator or in a similar role and be familiar with primary production processes. You will have experience in data reporting, with an ability to present data in a clear and concise format. The role holder will possess excellent problem solving and communication skills, be able to build strong working relationships at all levels and be comfortable challenging the status quo.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications – Thursday 12th December 2019