Due to an upcoming retirement, a vacancy has arisen for an experienced Principal IT Business Partner (iSeries Team Lead) to join the Technology team based in Great Western Road.
This role will be responsible for the support, enhancement and ongoing modernisation of our Stock Management system (TESS). You will lead a hybrid team of inhouse and external partners utilising iSeries/RPG and modern tools (GIT, relational databases, stored procedures, web services), making use of both traditional and agile methods. As an engaging leader you will collaborate, and build trust, with a variety of stakeholders across our business and adapt positively to ongoing evolutionary change.
Reporting to the Head of Solution Delivery, key responsibilities include:
- Ensure focus, by aligning the team on strategic business priorities – maximising productivity
- Collaborate effectively with our key stakeholders to proactively understand their goals and needs
- Effectively apply your skills and business knowledge to positively influence within both IT and the business
- Own and ensure effective delivery across a portfolio of activity that may involve a large number of concurrent projects and tasks
- Enthuse and motivate your team to ensure we get the very best from our people
Our ideal candidate will be a Subject Matter Expert in iSeries technologies, capable of working independently with experience of leading teams and projects. You will have a proactive can-do attitude, with the ability and gravitas to collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
Technical domain experience required for this position: iSeries, Relational Databases, Webservices, Stored Procedures and Stock Management.
Closing date for applications – 15th August 2019