Due to an upcoming retirement, an opportunity has arisen for a Production Planner to join the business for a 12 month contract. This is a key position within the Planning & Global Supply Chain team based at our Great Western Road site. The role’s purpose is to decide production requirements, based on spirit availability /constraints, customer demands, optimisation of production run lengths, product campaign’s and material availability for the long –term planning horizon.
Reporting to the Sales & Operations Planning Manager, key responsibilities for this role include:
- Customer Service levels to be achieved & ideally exceeded
- Creation of production plans in line with spirit allocation/availability
- Working with Global Supply Chain team, UK Demand Planners & LOC’s to determine production requirements
- Working with the Business Units, purchasing, manufacturing & warehousing to determine & manage the stock build strategy for key SKU’s
- UK planning reports/alerts to be reviewed & action taken where necessary
- Active participation in the weekly Production Planning & Scheduling meeting
- Monthly review with LOC’s to agree anticipated volumes & monthly review with UK Demand Planner to agree requirements for JV’s & 3rd party customers.
- Review weekly alerts to ascertain any changes to current plan (exceptions) & review future requirements out with the scheduled planning area.
- Represent Planning & Global Supply in any key meetings like the weekly Production Planning & Scheduling meeting, monthly Business Unit meetings, monthly/weekly calls with LOC’s/UK Demand Planners
- Aged Stock management (working with Finance & Business Units to highlight any aged stock & agree action plan)
- Run-out of old codes & run-in of new codes (co-ordinate with & communicate to Procurement, Production, Technical Services, Global Supply including LOC’s
- Fiscal budget & LE’s to be uploaded to SAP & APO
To succeed in this role you will ideally have advanced knowledge of SAP and APO Planning processes and systems. You will be proficient in the use of Microsoft packages, especially excel. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to determine what has to be communicated when and to whom. This is a key component of the role.
Closing Date for applications – Sunday 21st July 2019