Production Scheduling Planner
Great Western Road, Glasgow
Global Mobility Policy N/A - Local
Due to an upcoming retirement, an opportunity has arisen for a Production Scheduling Planner. This is a key position within the production team, requiring scheduling of all demand into a production plan through APO that meets customer needs, while optimising production efficiency, resource planning and minimising stock holding.
Reporting to the Production and Planning Manager, key responsibilities for this role include:
- Creation of production plan (daily inputs required to reflect new & changing customer demand, production performance, material availability & other variables)
- Conversion & scheduling of demand requests from Demand Planners
- Maintain SAP Planning table including conversion of demand to Production Orders & real-time reflection of production lines
- Management of available operators to fulfil shipments & daily/weekly plan (Micro-planning)
- Management & fulfilment of Exception orders
- Create weekly manning plan (by shift) to reflect labour requirements & identify shortfalls/recruitment requirements
- Manage Weekly Plan meeting to set targets & secure commitment from Production & Purchasing teams & create weekly report
- Manage Orders at Risk meeting (daily) to discuss any potential problems, date changes required, production pressure-points, shortfalls etc. Issue daily report to reflect problem areas & resolutions
- Identify and advise on future temp requirement
- Decide when to produce, based on customer required dates, line availability & existing orders scheduled (to optimise line performance), material availability
- Optimise and utilise APO planning system to drive continuous improvement activity
To succeed in this role you will ideally have knowledge of APO Planning processes and systems from Micro-planning to Demand Planning. You will be proficient in the use of SAP and Microsoft office packages. Other system knowledge including Line Recording, Pele and Excel is essential to this role.
Strong communication skills, high attention to detail, ability to support cross functional meetings and good organisation skills are all necessary for this role.
Closing Date for applications:
Thursday 26th July 2018