An exciting vacancy has arisen for an experienced Project Manager to join the Business Development and Support team. Based at our HQ in Glasgow city centre, the role has the responsibility for leading and consulting on complex, cross-functional projects, using best practice project/change management techniques.
The range of projects will be diverse and of strategic / commercial importance, often contributing a significant amount of profit e.g. business change, process improvements and new product development. As a highly engaging leader, you will be competent at working with a variety of stakeholders across different functions, markets and levels of management.
Reporting to the Commercial Planning and Operations Controller, key responsibilities include:-
- Lead several projects and provide expert guidance on others
- Manage complex projects, which require specialist project management expertise and knowledge
- Train / coach others on project and change management methods
- Own the complete project life cycle – initiation, planning, execution and closure
- Apply a combination of project management, change management and business knowledge to achieve project objectives and positively influence change adoption
- Establish Project Teams and Boards as necessary, which may have global participation
- Ensure projects have sufficient senior engagement, resource and specialist knowledge to be successful
- Align cross-functional perspectives around a common objective, ensuring roles and responsibilities are clear and people are engaged to maximise team productivity
- Champion the use of a new Project Management Hub, with the primary objective of helping to deliver projects in the most strategic and efficient way
Our ideal candidate will be an engaging leader with presence, experienced at bringing people together to achieve shared goals. You will be able to operate effectively at all levels of the organisation, having excellent organisational, facilitation and communication skills. You will have a strong track record in project and change management, experienced in leading complex projects from vision through implementation, involving a diverse range of stakeholders. Competence with Microsoft Office and project management tools is desirable.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please send your cover letter and CV
Closing date for applications – Thursday 30th January 2020