An exciting opportunity has become available to join the Highland Park Retail team in the role of Retail Assistant. This is a permanent opportunity working 37.5 hours per week on an annualised hours contract. A degree of flexibility will be required working any 5 days from 7 and during peak season when the retail shop will remain open later in the day to accommodate tourism expectations.
Reporting to Nicola Stevenson, Retail Manager some of the key responsibilities of the role include:
- To ensure that customers and consumers visiting Highland Parks retail offering receive best in class customer service in all areas of their shopper experience.
- Retain up to date stock knowledge with regard to pricing, product origination, product function and story. Imparting up to date whisky knowledge and development are vital to the success of this role.
- Be fully aware of all bespoke product offerings across the brand range.
- Professionally handle all cash and credit card transactions.
- Upsell as appropriate by engaging the customer in a diplomatic and welcoming manner.
- Stock control & rotation with an awareness on stock security and exchange of money between customer and Highland Park retail operations.
- Ensure retail targets are achieved and done so through positive selling and within best practice guidelines.
- Ensure all products and promotions are priced correctly ensuring that customer navigation of the range is made as simple as possible.
- Maintain overall excellent standards of housekeeping in the overall retail and VC environment.
- Occasional driving duties
We are looking for candidates who have excellent people skills with a background in a retail / sales environment. You will be friendly and approachable to all customers and colleagues alike with a desire and willingness to execute tasks perfectly.
You will take pride in your appearance, be flexible in approach with a continuous improvement mindset combined with a strong sense of ownership and pride in in the Highland Park portfolio.
To apply please attach your C.V. and covering letter.
Closing Date for applications: Wednesday 16th October 2019
Interviews will be held: Friday 18th October 2019