We are recruiting for an exciting new role within The Macallan Visitor Experience for a Sous Chef. This role will be required to produce meals and services within the required deadlines and will deputise for the Head Chef. This role will form part of the wider kitchen team in delivering exceptional standards at all times through a passion for food and customer service.
Reporting to the Head Chef, key responsibilities of this role include:
- Planning and directing food preparation
- Ensuring that the food experience is presented as a 5 star, quality attraction at all times, maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and organisation in both customer and non-customer facing areas
- Ensuring an awareness of the daily business needs by attending the daily brief as required, referring to the daily sheets, notice boards, diaries and rosters
- Running the kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef
- Assisting in managing and achieving food budget cost controls, ensuring minimum waste
- Ensuring that stock rotation and stock take procedures are followed
To succeed in this role you will have a passion for food and the use of local ingredients within a highly customer focused environment. Previous experience in a food preparation role is required.
Closing Date for applications – Friday 15th June 2018