Team Leader – Cased Goods Warehouse
Hay Grade 14
(3 weeks dayshift and 1 week backshift on rotation)
Great Western Road, Glasgow
Global Mobility Policy: N/A – Local
Due to an upcoming retirement, an opportunity has arisen for a Team Leader within the Cased Goods Warehouse. In this leadership role you will endeavour to create/ advise and follow a despatch plan based on the customer requirements. The main focus is delivering the agreed despatch plan in the most efficient manner fully utilising manpower and equipment.
Reporting to the GWR Warehousing Manager, key responsibilities for this role include:
- To action the agreed daily despatch schedule to meet the customer requirements
- To liaise with the FLT Driver to ensure the daily plan is understood and that optimum use is made of the warehouses
- To liaise with the FLT Drivers on routine holiday/ sickness absence/ disciplinary issues
- To liaise with Customer Services personnel to ensure that the customer requirements are understood and met
- To liaise with external transport/ contractors/ storage to ensure that the correct transport is always available to ensure that the despatch plan is delivered
- To provide the GWR Warehousing Manger with relevant statistical data indicating performance levels for each aspect of the warehouse operation
- To ensure that the team operates within the departmental budget
- To ensure that the company wide initiatives are fully implemented in the Cased Goods Warehouse (these include: Continuous improvement/ 5S/ H&S / Partnership)
- To ensure the adherence of the team to company procedures/ standards/ performance levels/ specifications
- To ensure that annual appraisals are undertaken and that ongoing training and development takes place
- To liaise with relevant personnel when completing accident investigations/ reports
To succeed in this role you will have a good knowledge of the HMRC regulations and consignor/ channel tunnel/ C-TPAT/ AEO registration schemes. You will be proficient in the use of SAP and Microsoft office packages and have previous experience of managing a team within a factory or warehousing environment.
This role will operate on a shift rotation basis as follows: 3 weeks dayshift and 1 week backshift.
Closing Date for applications – Friday 27th April 2018