An excellent opportunity has arisen on a permanent basis for a Treasury Manager reporting directly to our Corporate Treasurer and will be based at 100 Queen Street.
This role is a managerial position within the Group Finance team and is responsible for the management of all Treasury operational activities including execution of FX hedging and spot transactions, oversight of global funding, daily cash management, credit and counterparty risk monitoring and transactional banking. The role will also support the Corporate Treasurer with preparation of Treasury information to drive strategic decisions and process improvement.
Some of the key responsibilities for this role include:
- Liaise with the Financial Planning team to ensure currency budgets are in line with expectation and populate FX exposures in the Treasury Management System.
- Execute foreign exchange hedging for key currencies in line with policy, via 360t dealing platform or directly with relationship banking partners and manage the currency risk at month end by executing spot trades.
- Ensure all currency trades are captured and confirmed in the Treasury Management System and value the derivative portfolio on a monthly basis.
- Set up hedge relationships and run hedge effectives tests for all derivatives on a semi-annual basis in line with IFRS reporting requirements.
- Perform role as the key bank contact in relation to FX and transactional banking with regular meetings to share information.
- Review the Treasury payments for interest, fees and FX settlements prepared by the Treasury Supervisor and Treasury Assistant.
- Manage the daily, monthly and annual group funding requirements (UK and Global) ensuring continuity of funding in Distribution entities.
- Invest surplus cash in line with Treasury Policy.
- Monitor counterparty and credit risk with regular reporting to the Treasury Committee.
- Assist with the preparation of Treasury Committee and Board papers.
- Full people management responsibility for a Treasury Supervisor and 1 In-direct report, Treasury Assistant
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ICAS or CA) ideally with a knowledge of Treasury and experience within a global Treasury function.
You will have previous experience of managing teams with the confidence and gravitas to communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders cross functionally at all levels.
The successful applicant will be highly organised to manage multiple activities at once. Attention to detail and a continuous improvement mind-set are considered essential qualities.
Closing Date for applications – 24th May 2019