An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Warehouse Operator within the Buchley Warehousing team based in Bishopbriggs Glasgow, reporting to the Warehouse Team Leader. In this role, you will be part of a small team, working to deadlines to supply high value spirit to the Whisky Supply team at our Great Western Road site.
The job encompasses all aspects of warehouse operations such as:-
- Loading, off loading and movement of full and empty casks
- Stowing & un-stowing operations
- Driving fork lift trucks / stacker as required
- Utilising cask scanning equipment and stock taking
- Monitoring cask conditions during the maturation process
- Carry out control checks as required e.g. drawn samples, re-gauge casks prior to dispatch, sensory checks on mature spirit prior to disgorging to tanker.
- Ensuring all aspects of operational systems & procedures are complied including day to day Customs & Excise requirements
- Ensuring basic paperwork is completed and organised whilst maintaining a high standard of housekeeping
- Liaising with the Warehouse Supervisor / Team Leader and other company personnel as required fulfilling the role and ensuring the needs of the business are met.
The successful applicant will be a good team player who is physically fit and flexible in their approach. A valid UK driving license is essential. A valid fork lift truck license is desirable but not essential as training will be provided. You will have the ability to complete and organise basic paperwork and use your own initiative to solve problems. An understanding of TESS, EMCS and computer packages to ensure the accurate processing and recording of data is desirable, however training will be provided where required. Previous experience within a warehousing environment would be advantageous as would basic keyboard skills and experience of hand held terminals.
Full training will be given and the successful candidate will be expected to participate in the SIVQ process currently in operation.
If you would like to be considered for this role please forward your CV and covering letter
Closing Date for applications – Tuesday 11th August 2020
The Successful candidate will undergo pre-employment checks including Disclosure Scotland